Bushfire advice for Yallingup Siding
Authorities have issued a bushfire advice for northern parts of Yallingup Siding within the Busselton City district.
There is no threat to lives and homes at the moment, but the fire is currently “out of control” and slowly moving in a westerly direction.
The fire started near the intersection of Hayes Road and Panorama Rise, and people east of Commonage Road, south of O'Byrne Road, west of Vasse-Yallingup Siding Road and north of Woodbridge Vale are urged to be cautious.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises people to:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area, but if driving:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
Go to emergency.wa.gov.au or call 13 DFES (13 3337) to stay up to date.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails