Young tradie suffers electric shock on Leederville work site

Emily Baker7NEWS
Video23-year-old receives electric shock at Leederville work site, taken to hospital.

Investigations are underway after a 23-year-old tradie is believed to have suffered an electric shock at a construction site in Leederville.

It comes just days after another life-threatening workplace incident at Rottnest Island.

The CFMEU says the same construction company is responsible.

The young man caught up in today’s incident was rushed from the Leederville worksite to hospital after suffering the electric shock.

Paramedics were called to the scene early this afternoon and treated the tradie for electrical burns. Doctors say his injuries aren’t life threatening.

But on Wednesday two workers could have been killed when they fell several metres through scaffolding on Rottnest Island.

The men plummeted from the second story and one was left covered in debris.

Tonight, they are recovering in hospital.

The CFMEU says the construction company FIRM, which is responsible for this site, is also responsible for the Rottnest Hotel site.

A FIRM representative told 7NEWS they did not want to comment.

Worksafe is yet to confirm if it is investigating today’s incident but Western Power confirmed it was investigating.

“There has been unconfirmed reports of a worker receiving an electric shock in Leederville and Western Power and energy safety officers from Building and Energy are investigating”.

Get the latest news from in your inbox.

Sign up for our emails